PATRIOT COFFEE BREW GUIDE
– Always use filtered water! Brewed coffee is composed of approximately 98% water. Needless to say, water quality has a huge impact on flavor.
– Use freshly roasted coffee and grind only what you need. The quality and freshness of coffee degrades quickly once ground.
– Mind your brewing temperature. Ensure your water temperature is between 200 – 205F. Brewing temperature is key for proper extraction of coffee solubles.
– Be precise. Consistency in quality requires precision. Our brewing guides use scales and grams for measurement of both coffee and water. However, if you don’t have a scale simply begin with the following ratio and adjust to taste: 2 Tablespoons of ground coffee per 6 fl oz of water.
– Protect your coffee! Store your coffee in an airtight container, out of direct sunlight, and away from heat and moisture. Never put your coffee in the fridge as damaging condensation and odors can contaminate your beans. Only buy enough coffee to last 10 days or less.
– Change one variable at a time. When personalizing your own brewing experience, adjust only one component of the brewing process at a time, otherwise you’ll never truly understand what factors are influencing the final cup.